If you are considering participating in the Southern California Young Professionals group in this 2017 year, we have some great events lined up. Check out our facebook at http://facebook.com/apwa.socal.YP for all the upcoming events!
We are also looking to increase our member base so please help us and refer anyone you think is eligible to this page!
A person is eligible to be a part of the APWA SoCal YP group if they are:
1) Under 35.
2) Working for a Public Works Municipality, Government Agency, and/or a Private Company that works closely with Public Works.
3) A student in a field of study directly related to Public Works, Engineering, and/or Public administration.
4) A member of APWA.
If you are interested in participating with the Young Professionals group in the 2017 year, please take the Introduction survey we have generated: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YKMG3P3.
October 26, 2017
Cal Poly Pomona Job Fair
- Two of our YPs (Victor Chavez and Vincent Hellens) will be hosting a booth at Cal Poly Pomona and promoting APWA membership and the benefits of joining our YP committee.
October 31-November 2
PWI Module 3
- Class sizes are limited and you will need to register through Eventbrite. To obtain this certification, you do not necessarily need to start at module 1. For more questions and information about how attending the Public Works Institute could benefit you and your company, please contact Vincent Hellens at Vincent.email@example.com.
November 10, 2017
APWA Golf Tournament
- Do you play golf? Would you like to get a team together? If you are interested, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can talk about sponsoring a Young Professionals team.
November 13, 2017
- Register early! Both Jesseca Martinez and myself have attended this before, as well as Roger Schlierkamp who helps with some of the writing/editing. Please do not hesitate to contact any of us for information regarding what is involved in attending.
- Football game! Stay tuned…
November 29, 2017
- Proposal Writing workshop: We will have a short presentation, a discussion about the do’s and don’ts of proposal writing, and we will create a mock proposal so that you can get all your important questions answered!
LA Rams Stadium Technical Tour
- We will be attending a presentation on the grading and construction components in the stadium and get to go behind some closed doors you wouldn’t normally be allowed behind! Stay tuned for dates and registration information.
Office: (310) 374-5777